The thing that scares off most people from drinking a lot is the fear of a massive hangover in the morning. A banging headache, feeling totally powerless and hardly capable of making your runs to the bathroom to throw up. One can easily lose a full day in bed and in that way miss out on school, work or a fun free day. Since we don’t want you to waste your lives staying in bed (at least not in this way), here are some handy tips to help you back in the saddle. Also, in the upcoming weeks we will introduce you to some great recipes from all over the world to kill your hangover as fast as possible.
- Of course any solid drinker can tell you that the fastest way to get rid of a hangover is to start drinking again. The first beers might not taste fantastic, but soon enough you’ll be back in the zone you left last night. However, since some people might have to work or study the day after drinking, there are some other tips and tricks.
- Always have a bottle of cola ready. If you don’t have one ask a friend or relative to get you one A.S.A.P! Cola is the best medicine if you’re nauseous. To get well soon it is very important that you keep your breakfast inside. Why cola? Well, this drink was once invented as a spin off from the medicinal drink “vin mariani”. And even though the famous coca-ingredient is no longer part of the recipe, it still calms down your stomach.
In this way it has the opposite effect of a drink like orange juice. A lot of times your body fools you here. A lot of times when struggling with a massive hangover you feel the urge for it’s refreshing taste and vitamins. However after some time it almost always results into puking.
- Try to eat as soon and much as possible. There are usually two reasons stopping you from doing so. A mouth that’s dry like the Sahara desert or feeling nauseous. For the second feeling we already gave you the tip of the cola. However, a lot of time you don’t feel nauseous directly when you wake up. It usually comes some hours later. Try to beat this feeling by eating before this stage.
Which brings us to the second problem. A lot of time your mouth feels so dry that you simply can’t handle too much solid food. All your body is screaming for is liquids. In this case soup is a very good solution. And try to slip in some solid stuff with it.
Actually the things you don’t wanna think about at that point are actually the best. Greasy dishes like an English breakfast will have you fixed up in one or two hours. However the art is to keep it in during this time.
- Take a shower and get out of the house. Laying in bed you will just be surrounded by the clouds of alcohol you’re sweating out yourself. The water on your skin will help against dehydration and the fresh air outside will keep you from getting nauseous.
- An additional thing that’s advisable to do is to eat well after drinking and before going to bed. A solid meal and several glasses of water or milk can really make a huge difference in the morning. However we understand that sometimes you are not in the condition to do anything when coming home. It’s best not to start cooking when you are at the point of collapsing. A hangover is really not that bad compared to burning your house down.
In the upcoming weeks we’ll teach you how to get rid of your hangovers in the style of many different countries. We share recipes that are believed to get you back in shape faster. To see them all check our hangover cures dossier.